PURBECK ART WEEKS FESTIVAL MAY 27 TO JUNE 11 2017
Here are a few tasters of what’s coming!
- Open Studios – PAW artists regular and new, are preparing to open their studios for you to enjoy.
- Rollington Barn will house PAW’s collective exhibition – this includes at least one artwork from each of the over 100 artists taking part in this year’s Festival. Good place for a cuppa and cake too!
- PAW nurtures young people’s interest in the arts. The Purbeck Young Artist’s Scheme supports over 15 artist-led workshops in schools across Purbeck – so don’t miss their exhibition at Rollington.
- The Fine Gallery, Durlston is hosting our special biennial selected exhibition.
- Our Events Programme is superb – it includes I Fagiolini’s production of Monteverdi’s opera Orfeo in Wareham, the welcome return of the Gabrieli Consort, the internationally acclaimed Atéa Wind Quintet, an exciting event for lovers of dance, and, on a nautical theme, our musical extravanza “Ahoy!”. A range of fascinating talks are lined up to inform and entertain. You may also find a glass of wine to refresh your spirits!
- Be inspired by all the art you see during the day; be thrilled by the events you experience in the evening; in between make time to get out and about to explore Purbeck’s hidden corners, and enjoy local walks and pubs.
- And, if you’ve time after all that – get your pencils and sketch pads out and have a go at sketching in the Mess Tent at RSPB Arne Nature Reserve!
Tickets for events will go on sale at the beginning of April. So do keep an eye on our website and Facebook for more information on an exciting PAW Festival 2017 – tickets can sell out fast!